Friday, January 4, 2013

Regarding Being a Cat Lady

Dear World,
The other day my friend Savanah said "Oh no, now you won't be the crazy cat lady!" (In reference to my engagement.) Fret not, my dear friend, for I shall remain a crazy cat lady for all my days. I know plenty of people who are batshit crazy about their animals AND married. I am estimating that at some point in my life I could easily have ten cats to my name. So far the most I've had is 3, but hey, I'm still young.
All of my friends and family classify me as their token "cat lady." My affection for these creatures can be quite odd, I suppose. Stereotypical, even. In fact, last week for Christmas I got this nifty little gift for myself:

It's pretty hilarious. The object of the game is to collect as many little colorful plastic cat tokens as you can before someone reaches the end of this Candy Land-like adventure. My parents and I played a round when I got it, which was pretty entertaining. But that's not the story I'm here to tell.

I'm actually writing to introduce you all to my lovely cats.



This adorable beast is named Chairman Meow. He's approximately 3 years old, and I acquired him through a student's family back in the spring of 2010. He enjoys peeing on my possessions and laying around your feet when you're trying to walk. He also loves sitting in your lap and biting you if you try to move. What a joy to have in my life.


Believe it or not, the two above pictures are of the same animal. This is Lucien, who technically belongs to my gentlemanfriend. We call him LuLu, and he's about two years old now. He currently resides with Kevin's mom, but we still talk about how much we love him. (Because we're both insane.) I also might have more pictures of LuLu than I do of Chairman Meow. Oops. (Can you blame me? He's such a fine animal.)



Here's another before and after for you. This is Moobies. His original name was Orko (like the floaty dude from He-Man), but he got super fat really fast. He was re-named Moobies in 2006 because that's what my friend (and roomie at the time) Kelly kept calling him. It was too funny/cute not to call him that. Plus I got tired of explaining who Orko was. Moobies is currently 7 years old. He has moved with me to five different homes, and I might love him more than most people.

So there they are. Expect to see a lot more of them because I'm obsessed with cats in general.
Love,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment