Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Life on the Rock

Dear World,
My body may be in Columbia, but my brain is in the Virgin Islands right now. I've been looking up as much information as possible about the islands, and it's starting to look like there will be big changes in my future. I'm not sure how I'll react when I make the big move, but I get a test run coming up soon, which is good.

A few things that are super different:
1. The shower uses rain water. (Maybe there's a coconut phone, too.)
2. No AC.
3. No dishwasher.
4. No drinkable tap water.
5. Community washers, hang on a line to dry.
6. There are iguanas EVERYWHERE.


So basically I'll need to learn how to live without many luxuries. But they still have the internet. Thank God for the internet.

More to come, including pics of my future home!

Love,
Steph

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a challenging life adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. It's kind of terrifying, but exciting at the same time.

    ReplyDelete