Monday, April 1, 2013

Iguanas are hilarious

Dear World,
Week 1 of my St. John adventure has been a success. Every day here I see something cool. The other day, I was flooded with lizards! I looked out into our courtyard and saw a gaggle of iguanas running up a tree. (Including a pair that were mating!) They scurried up the tree very quickly as I ran for my phone to take a picture. I finally got out there and chased away most of them, but this little (he's actually the size of a cat) fella must have thought that I wouldn't see him if he stayed very, very still:

I saw another one running and wish I had a video of it. He got up on his hind legs to run, which made him look like a cartoon character. I promise I will try to catch another one doing that on film, because it's too funny not to share.

Later on, it rained and a bunch of little brown lizards flooded my cabin through the cracks in the floorboards. I saw at least four of them in the house yesterday.

These little guys are absolutely everywhere. I can walk out my front door and see dozens of them. They especially like this nifty little pond outside our cabin:

The weekend was full of excitement, as we spent Saturday visiting Honeymoon Beach to snorkel and lay around eating ice cream. Easter Sunday was filled with torrential downpours of rain, so it was a lazy day to watch the storms, and old eps of X-Files on Netflix. Thus far, island life is treating me well, and I will post more pictures soon!

Love,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment