Monday, April 8, 2013

Shakira, Shakira!

Dear World,
In an effort to brush up on my Spanish, I am listening to Shakira, Selena Y Los Dinos, and whatever else Pandora is suggesting for me. I'm really into learning this way. (And dancing along.) This also ensures that my neighbors will soon realize how crazy I am.

However, they say that St. John is the world's largest open-air asylum, so I'm fitting in just fine! So now, I'll regale you with my cool adventures of the week:
Our landlady brought a bottle of champagne over as a wedding gift. We drank it with our next door neighbors on Friday, hearing tales of their travels around the world, and getting some great advice for island living. (I'll take everything I can get at this point!) Turns out, neighbor lady is also very interested in the arts, so I agreed to be her art-event buddy. Our husbands seemed to be very okay with that, so long as we leave them alone. After staying up until 3 AM with our new friends, we went to Honeymoon Beach again on Saturday. We sat around on the beach reading, and took a cool dip in the clear waters of the Caribbean.

Later on, we met Thomas, a drink expert at the Our Market Smoothies stand, and sipped on fresh fruit smoothies while he gave us "Life Lessons." We then moseyed over to the Barefoot Cowboy, where they were roasting a whole pig for the weekend. I feel so at home here, coming from South Carolina. After our long day of fun in the sun, we came home and I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.

In other island news, I heard back from the Jaywalk with Jumbies folks and it looks like I will be leading ghost tours around St. John! I'm really excited about this. We will work on the tour over the summer (it is just being created) and it should be ready for tourist season in November!

So much going on, so little time! I need to get back to being productive.
Until next time,
Stephanie

PS-I'm going to miss the beauty of St. John.

No comments:

Post a Comment